Friday, December 31, 2010

We are approaching the day of the big test




Today I'm grateful for...

Getting to a new year with new hope for our family
The great heath of the members of my family
Hot chocolate on a cold evening
spending time at home with the kids

It's new years eve, and our family is snuggling on the coach watching "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" movie and eating popcorn while drinking hot chocolate. I can't remember doing this as a family ever? As I look back at 2010 I can only think about the "Cancer" and how it's effected our family. Not all of it negatively though. I can see the positive in the way that Lulu and I interact and communicate. Also, the closeness that Lulu as forged with the kids (part of this is the extra time that she has been able to spend with the boys). Our whole immediate family and the extended family has pulled together due to the illness to support not only Lulu, but each other through the stress filled days. I have heard the saying that adversity brings out the best in people, and I would have to say that for us in 2010 that has been so true. I'm looking forward to this new year, and I think that God will be looking upon our family and extending his power to make our year really special? Lulu and I haven't spoken about the "Big Bone Marrow Test" that she is scheduled for on Monday.

Lulu and I are taking the drive down for a check up, but also a bone marrow biopsy. This is the test to follow up on the results of the trial drug treatment Sutent that Lulu was a part of for a shortened three and half months. (the full treatment time was to be 6 months, but they stopped the treatment short of the six months because Lulu was having so much trouble with the healing after the reconstruction surgery on her breasts. Even though Lulu didn't complete the treatment with the cancer fighting drug, we are hopeful that her cancer cell numbers in the bone marrow have been reduced, if not eliminated? Lulu future heath may very well be lying in this test. I can tell that she is very nervous about it too. I will be praying that the test results with give her a clean bill of health, and the best new years gift that one could ever hope for.

2 comments:

  1. Feliz año 2011, salud y éxito a Lulu y a toda la familia Wilkerson, Rafael y Karen Charneco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Wilkerson's!!
    Everyone looks so handsome and pretty on the pictures.
    May everyone be full of health and happiness this year and always.
    Lulu, please say hello & Happy new year to your mami and your fam.
    Hope to see you guys soon!
    Antonia

    ReplyDelete